Jewelry is both precious and sentimental. We want you to be able to keep it as part of your personal repertoire for a lengthy time, and in good condition! Here are five tips to keep your sterling silver shining:
- Put your jewelry on last (after makeup application) when getting dressed. However, it should be the first item you remove at bedtime. Perfume, lotions, makeup, and harsh chemicals can cause sterling silver to tarnish.
- Store jewelry separately, in a cool dry place, and away from potential moisture. For example, avoid placing it in a bathroom or near a kitchen sink.
- Remove jewelry before coming in contact with water or engaging in physical activity that may cause excessive sweating (i.e., exercising).
- Clean sterling silver jewelry regularly to maintain its luster. Mix a gentle soap and warm water solution to remove dirt and tarnish using a special jewelry or microfibre cloth.
- Purchase and apply a jewelry cleaning solution for a deeper clean. Avoid rubbing with paper towel or tissue as these will scratch your silver items.
For Jewmei.com jewelry, the base metal is sterling silver. 925 sterling silver is comprised of 92.5 percent silver and 7.5 percent of other metals. Some of these other metals can cause sterling silver to tarnish over time when they interact with moisture. This is completely normal. With a little bit of care, and preventative maintenance, you can keep your meaningful jewelry in pristine condition for years to come.
Don’t hesitate to add to your collection! See what’s new at Jewmei.com here.